Hi Troppers, entries to Tropfest 26 are open and we're excited to start seeing see this year's crop of films.
We're using FilmFreeway to manage all our submissions, making it easier to enter Tropfest than ever before. To help you along, here's a handy step by step guide on how to enter.
Make sure you download the Filmmaker Entry Kit here, or from the Filmmaker's page too. It has all the information you need to create your film and enter it to Tropfest.
- Enter via the Tropfest website –go to www.tropfest.org.au and click SUBMIT YOUR FILM which takes you directly to our Tropfest Entry Page on FilmFreeway.com, the platform we are using for all our Tropfest submissions.
- Click the Green SUBMIT Button to log in. If you’re new to FilmFreeway you will be asked to sign up first, then redirected to the My Projects page.
- If you already have an account, you’ll need to add your new Tropfest film(s) as a new project. Click MY PROJECTS > ADD A PROJECT.
- Enter the information about your film, including a synopsis, cast and crew credits, tech specs etc. After saving your information, you will be redirected to your project page where you can upload your digital film file, so your project is ready to submit.
- Once your file is uploaded, go to SEARCH FESTIVALS > Tropfest 26 and submit your TROPFEST or TROP JR film project by clicking the Green SUBMIT Button again.
- Next, click the checkmark box on the RIGHT of the entry fee to select your category – either Tropfest or Trop Jr.
- You will then be asked for payment – either with a credit or debit card, or via your paypal account. You cannot pay any other way.
- Click Add to Cart & Checkout.
- Click ‘Pay and Complete Submission”. You will be asked to pay US$35, which is the equivalent of the AUD$45 entry fee. A small international transaction fee may apply depending on your bank etc. but we have factored this in with the entry fee.
- You will need to agree to the Terms and Conditions of Entry during this online entry process.
- Once you have completed your submission and paid the entry fee, you will receive a confirmation from us via filmfreeway.com which will include your Submission ID and payment confirmation.
Your film is now ready for our selectors to view online for consideration for Tropfest 26.
PLEASE KEEP A RECORD OF YOUR TRANSACTION ID AND SUBMISSION ID.
If you have any questions regarding your entry after you have received confirmation, you will need to quote this number to us in order for us to look up your film in our database.
If you have any questions or are having trouble submitting your film online please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the help page https://filmfreeway.com/help which has answers to many frequently asked questions. We’re here to help!