“Our partnership with Trop Jr allows us to support an exceptional and distinct event in which young filmmakers are given an amazing opportunity to showcase their talent. The Onitsuka Tiger brand is about encouraging young people to be active and creative, so for us the brand synergy is ideal. We look forward to helping produce the future of Australian filmmaking for years to come.”
Luke OShea, Product Manager, Onitsuka Tiger Oceania
Trop Jr offers a wide range of partnership opportunities. We are currently seeking adventurous brands to align with the 2013 festival and beyond.
At Trop Jr, we’re as creative with our partnerships as our young filmmakers are with their films.
What does Trop Jr offer?
- A cool, credible, grass roots, accessible event or brands to connect with creative kids and families
- Kid-friendly stars, with past celebrity judges including Scotty Tweedy (ABC3’s Prank Patrol), Brandon Walters (Australia), Ryan Corr (TV’s Packed to the Rafters) and Xenia Goodwin (ABC TV’s Dance Academy)
- Reach thousands of kids and families through the main event, TV, online and print exposure with pre and post marketing activations
- Opportunity for on-ground product sampling and experiential marketing activity
- National television broadcast + Festival Program throughout Sydney and Melbourne, distributed in The SMH
- Unique VIP & Corporate Hospitality options
- Innovative and experienced festival team
- A proven track record of creative and successful partnerships with the media and the corporate sector
- A world-class event that partners can be passionate about
Trop Jr is a compelling avenue to reach switched-on, creative and forward thinking kids and families. Our young filmmakers (all 15 years and under) are incredibly passionate about Trop Jr and filmmaking. Entries continue to increase, with 253 films received in 2011 (50% more than 2010) and entries come from every Australian state and territory.
Our audience is divided into 3 groups:
- Creators – kids who have made or aspire to make a film for Trop Jr
- Supporters – family members, friends, teachers and students who support our young filmmakers
- Trop Jr fans – kids and families who like short film, cinema, creative pursuits and enjoy a great day out with each other
Key profile points:
- Sydney local
- Melbourne local
- Canberra local
- Kids 15 years and under (entrants)
- 4-17 (siblings and friends)
- 18-49 (parents and teachers)
- 50/50 male/female
- Time poor
- Media savvy
- Early adopters
- Socially aware
Media and Marketing
Trop Jr has been well supported by the major media outlets since inception and media coverage continues to grow exponentially. Tropfest and Trop Jr 2013 had a media circulation of 239 million people over the campaign period (excluding online media).
Additionally, the model of partnering with media outlets – print, broadcast & online – ensures mass exposure via contra advertising and other initiatives.
Media partners include TimeOut Sydney, The Sydney Morning Herald and The Big Issue, just to name a few.
Trop Jr employs a targeted 5 month marketing campaign from June through December involving both above and below the line activities.
At Trop Jr we tailor our packages specifically for your brand. We want to know what your business objectives are and provide you with a package that will deliver for you.