Information collected by us
The type of information we collect from you depends upon your use of the Site. Generally speaking, however, the information which we may collect can be divided into the following broad categories:
- Information you give us - We receive and store information which you enter into the Site. This may represent a potentially wide range of information. For example, when you register for membership of Tropfest we will collect information from you such as e-mail address, name and State of residence. Your participation in competitions, surveys, voting, chats, games and other events may involve further information being provided by you.
- Information we collect from you - We may from time to time receive and store certain automatic information relating to your use of, and behaviour on the Site. This information is commonly referred to as "clickstream" information. For example, we may record information such as the areas of the Site accessed by you, the time, date and URL of the pages requested by you, your browser software, your IP address, and/or the previous web site that you have linked to the Site from. The recording of such information enables us to identify the areas of our sites that are most popular and to tailor the Site accordingly.
Our use and disclosure of your information
- to operate the Site;
- to provide you with a product or a service you have requested from the Site;
- to help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes, so as improve the Site (and other sites run by us), our marketing strategies and/or the products and services generally offered by us.
We may also use the information collected to notify you about changes to the Site, and to inform you of services and special offers which we think you’ll find valuable. From time to time we may also use the information to send you information about us and possibly about third parties (we shall send such information directly to you – your information will not be provided to third parties). In all instances, if you do not want to receive such offers, you will be able to "opt out" from receiving them. To facilitate our efficient use of your information, and to provide you with the services or products requested by you, it may sometimes be necessary for us to disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure shall only occur in the following circumstances:
- To our Employees, Contractors and Agents - From time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include, but are not limited to processing credit card payments, fulfilling orders and delivering products, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing legal or accounting advice and/or providing information technology and related services. Such parties will have access to only that personal information required by them to perform their functions, and may not use such information for any other purposes.
- Aggregated Statistical Information - From time to time, we may provide aggregated statistical information about access patterns, navigational techniques, product sales, etc. to reputable third parties. However, in all instances such information will simply comprise aggregated data collected about you and other users, and will not include any direct personal information that identifies you as our customer.
- Where required by Law - In certain circumstances we may be required by law to disclose your personal information, for example, where disclosure is ordered by a Court, or subpoenaed in relation to third party litigation. We also reserve the right to choose to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies in circumstances described in the National Privacy Principles and other applicable laws and regulations, including for the purpose of investigating alleged contraventions of the law.
- With your Consent - Other than as outlined above, we will endeavour to provide you with notice (which may occur via your nominated e-mail) when we wish to provide personal information about you to third parties, and provide you with the opportunity to choose not to share that information.
A further word in "cookies"
How secure is my information?
Your information is stored on a computer server located in Victoria, Australia. We attempt to keep our server secure and free from unauthorised access and use, by enforcing physical security at the premises in which the server is located, and by using industry standard technological measures to prevent unauthorised remote access to the server. Sensitive information, such as credit card and related financial information that is transmitted to our and from our servers is secured using encryption methods such as secure socket layers technology (SSL). You will know when transmitted data is safe by the appearance of a security notice when you enter a secure page. A secure icon will also appear on your browser – for Microsoft Internet Explorer this is a lock icon, and for Netscape Navigator it is small key icon. Finally, you can identify secure pages by the fact that they begin with "https://" (as opposed to http:// for standard pages). Unfortunately, no server on the Internet nor any data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Despite our best efforts to keep our server and transmissions to and from our server secure, we are unable to absolutely guarantee security and there will always be a risk of unauthorised access to your information. Although we will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information, which we hold about you, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to such information.
An important aspect of the security of your personal information is the password protection system. You must keep your password secure and take care not to disclose or share it with any third parties. Although we will take care to ensure that maximum security for your personal information, you are ultimately solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords. Please notify us immediately if you believe that your password has been disclosed, or you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, or any other breach of security.
Accessing and changing your information
The membership information that you provide to use is kept in a secure environment access be only authorised persons. You may request access to other information, which we have collected from the Site and hold in relation to you, by e-mailing us at email@example.com. We will use our reasonable endeavours to provide you with a copy of, or access to, you information and to remedy any errors which you identify in relation to that information. We may, at our discretion, request a reasonable charge for access to such information. Please allow 7 days for a response for any such request.
Links to other sites
The Site contains links to other sites. With the exception of other sites owned by us, we do not control the information collection of sites reached through links from this Site. If you have any questions about the information collection policies of those sites then you should contact the companies controlling those sites directly.
From time to time, this Site may contain chat rooms, message boards, news groups, and other forums. You should be aware than any information you disclose on these forums becomes public information, and may be collected and used by others. This may result, for example, in you receiving unsolicited messages from other parties.
No guarantee of collection by us
Despite the information about you, which we may collect, we are not responsible for collecting or storing any of that information, and do not guarantee that we will. You are responsible for keeping you own records relating to your use of the Site and any transactions conducted via it, and for complying with any applicable record keeping legislation.
Our contact details